We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and the volunteers who participate in our projects.
This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. The term Personal Information comprises all information which allows or facilitates the identification of any individual.
1. Data collected and specification of purposes
We may collect, store and process the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer. When you visit our site, we may automatically collect information about your computer configuration, such as your browser type, operating system, IP address or ISP domain name as well as about your visits to and use of this website (length of visit and number of page views).
- Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us for the purpose of applying for one or more of the SCI voluntary projects.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters.
We use Google Analytics to generate statistical information on the use of this website. The data are collected and stored by Google and presented to us in the form of report tables and charts. The data do not include any personal information.
3. Using your personal data
We collect your personal data if you voluntary and intentionally provide it to us.
The information that we collect when you register on our site is necessary to apply for a voluntary project. Some categories of personal data may be marked as mandatory in our online forms. If you decide not to provide the personal data marked as mandatory, you will not be able to apply on-line for the voluntary project you requested.
We may use your personal information to:
- Process your request to participate in one of our voluntary projects.
- Complete and support online functions of this website.
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Compile statistical data.
- Comply with any requirements of law.
- Get in contact with you quickly.
- Send you our newsletter by email or similar technology if you have specifically agreed to this (you can inform us at any time if you no longer want to receive such communications).
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
In addition, we may be obliged to disclose your personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law (on the request of a Belgian public authority or by an order of a Belgian court or other judicial authority).
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- To protect our rights or if the information relates to actual or threatened harmful conduct.
5. International data transfers
The information that you provide will be stored, processed and transferred between the countries in which SCI and its partner organizations offer voluntary projects.
The information that you provide may be transferred to other countries, including the United States and Japan, that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas.
To participate in a Voluntary project you must agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal data
We intend to protect the integrity of your personal data. For this purpose, we will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised use, access to or disclosure of the personal information received on our site. Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
SCI will store your personal data for such duration as required for the generation of annual statistical data.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You have the right of access, free of charge, to the information about you that we hold, and to have erroneous information corrected. Requests for copies of the information we hold about you must be made in writing, signed, dated and accompanied by a copy of an identification document.
You may withdraw any consent you have previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will comply with your request as soon as possible.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. How to contact us
Service Civil International (SCI), Belgiëlei 37 B-2018 Antwerp BELGIUM
12. Your consent to this policy
All disputes relating to or originating from the use of this website shall be exclusively submitted to the courts of Belgium, which will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to such disputes.
This Policy was last updated in February 2011.
569 Projects available today!
Promoted camp: United States of America
Mission:Wolf has an all volunteer staff. Meeting the requested number of volunteers is important for them to be able to do their work effectively. This workcamp has been promoted to ensure that the most possible volunteers know about the opportunity.
US-SCI 10.1 Mission: Wolf- Caring for Wolves and Wolf-Dogs (Colorado)
20 Aug 2018 - 10 Sep 2018
We have 781 guests and no members online