Yagodnoye: students eco-raids
Description: The project is organized by ITMO University in St. Petersburg. It`s one of the leading Universities in Russia in the field of information and photonic technologies. Together with high level educational work University provides students with opportunities for social life. There are student government, student ecological group and voluntary organization dealing with different social issues. This camp will be a new step in development of voluntary movement in the University. International volunteers will cooperate with students involved in environmental voluntary work in order to exchange with the best practices, develop solidarity and mutual understanding between young people from different countries.
Type of Work: Volunteers will work outside of the city in the University educational sport Center for students «Yagodnoe» (100 km from St. Petersburg). Volunteers will be asked to implement following tasks:
- to collect and separate garbage in the touristic area near the Center;
- to clean campfires in touristic places;
- organizing non-formal education ecological activities for tourists;
- paving and landscaping of hiking paths;
- gathering information about the places of garbage accumulation and compilation of maps containing foci of debris;
- renovating work in the Center.
- to take part in International festival of social entrepreneurship as volunteers at the exhibition of the social projects’ prototypes.
Study Theme: Volunteers will take part in lectures on medicinal plants and ecological features of garbage collection.
Accommodation: Volunteers will live in wooden houses in the rooms for 2-4 persons. Showers and toilets will be provided in the separated houses. Breakfasts, lunches and dinners will be provided by canteen (Russian traditional food). Also you can change menu if you are an allergic or if you don't eat any kinds of food at all.
Approximate Location: Settlement Yagodnoe, 100 km from St. Petersburg.
Notes: Leisure time: environmental education, games, sport activities (climbing, ropes course, boating), "searching for treasure" quests, etc.; excursions to St. Petersburg, visiting world-wide famous historical sites and museums. IMPORTANT: Аlcohol is not allowed in the camp.
136 Projects available today!
Introduce The community To Organique Agriculture, preventing Global Warming, and Being Self Sufficient In Water
19 Feb 2018 - 04 Mar 2018
Read more ...
We have 3466 guests and no members online