Description: The Summer School aims to promote the cooperation and intercultural understanding between SCI and our partners in Kyrgyzstan. During the first week in Berlin, participants get an introduction to SCI and the opportunity to exchange ideas; views and experience on the challenges that young people in Germany and Kyrgyzstan are facing. After this opening seminar, participants divide up to take part in international workcamps. The travel tickets to and from the workcamps back to Berlin are arranged and paid by SCI.
Type of Work: The program of the event will be divided into three parts:
- Deepening & exchanging ideas & knowledge on the main topics (27.07. – 05.08. in Berlin) participants can arrive earlier, but must arrange their own stay and cover their own costs for food etc.
- Participation in a work or study camp in Germany of your preferred choice (see below in the Notes), where you will also do some physical work.
- Evaluation and follow-up seminar (19.08. – 22.08. in Berlin)
Study Theme: - Exchange of ideas and methods in promoting community services - Neighbourhood and community management - Intercultural learning - Local and international initiatives on strengthening communities, neighbourhoods and social groups - Organising and mobilising communities for a social change - Role of international voluntary service in promoting peace, mutual learning, social inclusion and sustainable development
Accommodation: The group will stay for the first week & for the evaluation in a seminar house with beds and a kitchen to cook. You should bring a sleeping bag, but if you do not have one, linen, blankets, pillows etc. are available at the house.
During the first week, meals and accommodation are shared with a group of volunteers from the Balkans and Germany.
Requirements: Strong interest in intercultural learning, sustainable development and community management
Approximate Location: Berlin is the capital of Germany and located in North-East Germany. As it is the capital, there are a lot of free-time activities in the inner and outer Berlin region.
Notes: At the end of the opening seminar, the group will be divided and you will take part in an international workcamp (with physical work part) or study camp. Below, you should indicate your preference. We will try to place you on your first or second choice.
- DE-SCI-01.28 Buchholz 03.08. – 22.08.
- DE-SCI-11.84 Mörz/Reifenmühle 04.08. – 19.08.
- DE-SCI-07.17 Trebnitz 05.08. – 19.08.
- DE-SCI-01.36 Berlin KuBiZ 05.08. – 19.08.
- DE-SCI-07.21 Berge 06.08. – 24.08.
- DE-SCI-12.90 Berlin-Müggelsee 05.08. – 19.08.
You can find descriptions of each project on the SCI- Workcamp database
Volunteers from Germany can take part in the seminar week only if they do not want to join a workcamp afterwards
69 Projects available today!
Promoted camp: Malaysia
MY-SCI 11.2 Meditation and Natural Farming at 1,135 Metres Above Sea Level
11 Dec 2018 - 21 Dec 2018
We have 488 guests and one member online